Paraplanner – Job Description & Key Tasks
Scope & Application
Job description for: Paraplanner
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Date of Issue: February 2017
Relevant Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Qualified to Diploma Level
- The ability to work with advisers to extract the information required to prepare financial plans and recommendations
- General knowledge of the products available in the wider market and how to assess the suitability of these products
- The ability to research protection, pension & investment products and an understanding of the key information required that may affect a recommendation
- The ability to undertake detailed research on legacy products, identifying where more in depth analysis and questioning of providers is required
- An understanding of investment risk, capacity for loss and loss tolerance and the ability to construct recommendations consistent with a clients agreed risk appetite.
- Excellent report writing skills. The ability to present recommendations in a clear and logical format using language which can be easily understood by clients
- The skills and knowledge needed to create and adapt a cash flow plan appropriate to the client’s circumstances
- A good understanding of compliance issues and how these affect the advice and suitability process.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact directly with clients and colleagues in a professional manner
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative
- Ability to critically evaluate information, probe and challenge the facts
- A flexible and adaptable attitude towards work
- Ability to work accurately and in accordance with procedures
- Excellent time management, ability to meet deadlines
- Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and provider platforms
- At least 3 years experience in a paraplanning role
- Previous use of Swift back office system
- Previous use of Voyant software
- Previous use of FE Analytics
- Knowledge of Corporate Pension Administration
- Progression towards Advanced Diploma
To provide paraplanning support to one or more advisers, which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- To help provide solutions to clients needs and give them a service which surpasses their expectations
- Dealing with day to day client and provider enquiries
- Preparing for client meetings including checking that all compliance paperwork is present.
- Attending client meetings and taking minutes
- Analysing and Interpreting data obtained during client meetings
- Analysing client’s existing products to determine whether they meet the client’s current objectives
- Undertaking fund performance comparisons
- Preparing product comparisons and analysing comparison illustrations
- Completing the FCA pension switching and replacement product templates
- Preparing cashflow plans using Voyant Software
- Preparing draft recommendation reports in line with the Company’s compliance procedures
- Analysing client’s asset allocations and providing recommendations for rebalancing where necessary
- Delegating administrative tasks and ensuring work is correctly completed
- Maintaining client files in line with Company standards
- Liaising with the Compliance department to ensure all compliance procedures have been followed
- Creating and maintaining accurate records of all verbal and non-verbal communications and carrying out tasks in a manner that is consistent with compliance procedures
- Building and maintaining client relationships through face to face and written/telephone communication
Continuous Professional Development
To develop skills and keep up to date with all relevant legislative and technical changes as required for the role
Staff Management Responsibilities
Direct reporting: None
Indirect reporting: None
Authorities & Limitations
Financial: Not authorised to make binding contracts on behalf of the Company
Compliance: Not authorised to give FCA regulated advice
About Helm Godfrey
At Helm Godfrey, we provide specialist, holistic, independent advice on wealth management, employee benefits and financial planning for businesses and individuals.
We are passionate about the service we provide and are very proud of the long-term relationships we build with our clients. Taking pride in our independence, we are not tied to any one provider, which allows us to continually assess the market and ensure our clients receive the most competitive terms.
Our wealth managers provide financial advice for high net worth individuals. We believe next to our family and friends, one of the key relationships are with those who advise us on financial affairs. We are highly trained and qualified, independent of all financial product providers and have access to the latest technology.
Working in partnership with HR teams across all sectors and company sizes, from multi-national corporations to small businesses, we design and implement bespoke employee benefits programmes. Our integrated services provide clients with holistic services that benefit all levels of an organisation.
Helm Godfrey is based in the heart of the City of London and we also have offices in other parts of the country. Helm Godfrey has grown steadily and is now a top 100 UK IFA.
Helm Godfrey is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.