Accounts Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Scope & Application
Job description for: Accounts Assistant
Reporting to: Head of Operations & Accounts Administration
Date of Issue: December 2017
Relevant Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Ability to work accurately and in accordance with procedures
- General computer literacy
- Ability to deal with clients and colleagues in a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Attention to detail and the ability to recognise potential problems
- To maintain discretion at all times
- Highly numerate
- Time Management, working to set deadlines
- Previous experience within a financial advisory firm
- Experience of Swift system
To provide administrative assistance to the accounts function. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Downloading product provider commission/adviser charge statements and reconciling against remuneration expectations with the Swift system.
- Updating the Swift system with commission expectations which have not matched through EDI and inputting commission from manual statements.
- Allocation of remuneration suspense items to Swift back office system.
- Overseeing aged debtors and chasing for outstanding payments from product providers.
- Scanning of product provider commission/adviser charge statements to Volume filing system
Continuous Professional Development
To develop skills and keep up to date with all relevant legislative, product and technical changes as required for the role
Authorities & Limitations
Financial: Not authorised to make binding contracts on behalf of the company
Compliance: Not authorised to give FCA regulated advice.
About Helm Godfrey
At Helm Godfrey, we take a modern approach that prioritises quality, service and simplicity above all else.
We are one of the UK’s largest, independently owned, corporate solutions and wealth management consultancies.
We are passionate about the service we provide and are very proud of the long-term relationships we build with our clients. Taking pride in our independence, we are not tied to any one provider, which allows us to continually assess the market and ensure our clients receive the most competitive terms.
We are based in the heart of the City of London and also have offices in other parts of the country. Helm Godfrey has grown steadily and is now a top 100 UK IFA. Our success has been recognised.
One reason for our success is that our business is wholly owned by the advisers and staff. Helm Godfrey is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Please send your covering letter and CV to Debbie Harcus at email@example.com