Administrator (Group Risk & Healthcare)
Scope & Application
Job description for: Administrator (Group Risk & Healthcare)
Reporting to: Head of Group Risk & Healthcare
Date: September 2018
Relevant Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with clients and colleagues in a professional and courteous manner at all times are essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative.
- Ability to critically evaluate information, probe and challenge facts.
- Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is essential.
- Excellent time Management, ability to work to set deadlines.
- Ability to work accurately and in accordance with procedures.
- Previous experience of working within the Group Risk or Healthcare market (minimum of 1 year)
- Qualified to A level standard or equivalent.
- Holding the CII GR1 and IF7 qualification is highly desirable but not essential.
All aspects of the day-to-day administration of Group Risk and Healthcare Schemes which will include, but is not limited to:
- Supporting Group Risk & Healthcare Consultants
- Collating scheme information for completion of benefit specification templates;
- Submitting scheme data for scheme renewals and market reviews;
- Dealing with all administration aspects of new joiners/leavers from client notification and underwriting to issue of policies;
- Dealing with all administration aspects of death and disability claims;
- Contact point for employees and employers, via telephone, email or other written correspondence for day-to-day scheme queries;
- Dealing with ad hoc client instructions
- Adhering to strict timetables for completion of work whether set by the client or consultant;
- Assisting in specific client related projects, where applicable.
Maintenance of all records (electronic and paper) in line with Company procedures.
Maintenance of performance standards in line with client agreements.
Billing and Time Recording
- Responsible for careful recording or time-spent and allocation to appropriate clients and job codes in line with Company procedures.
Continuous Professional Development
- To develop skills and keep up to date with all relevant legislative and technical changes as required for the role.
- To study for professional qualifications and sit examinations towards achieving relevant CII qualifications.
Staff Management Responsibilities
Direct reporting: None
Indirect reporting: None
Authorities & Limitations
Financial: Not authorised to make binding contracts on behalf of the company
Compliance: Not authorised to give FCA regulated advice.
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 4 x Death in Service Life cover
- Income Protection Cover
- Critical Illness Cover
- Health Cash Plan
- Interest free season ticket loan
About Helm Godfrey
At Helm Godfrey, we take a modern approach that prioritises quality, service and simplicity above all else.
We are one of the UK’s largest, independently owned, corporate solutions and wealth management consultancies.
We are passionate about the service we provide and are very proud of the long-term relationships we build with our clients. Taking pride in our independence, we are not tied to any one provider, which allows us to continually assess the market and ensure our clients receive the most competitive terms.
We are based in the heart of the City of London and also have offices in other parts of the country. Helm Godfrey has grown steadily and is now a top 100 UK IFA. Our success has been recognised.
One reason for our success is that our business is wholly owned by the advisers and staff. Helm Godfrey is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Please send your covering letter and CV to Debbie Harcus at firstname.lastname@example.org