Administrator (Wealth Management)
Scope & Application
Job description for: Administrator (Wealth Management)
Reporting to: Head of Wealth Management Administration
Date of Issue: September 2018
Relevant Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Previous experience in an adviser support role within an IFA firm
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact directly with clients and colleagues in a professional manner
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative
- Ability to critically evaluate information, probe and challenge the facts
- A flexible and adaptable attitude towards work
- Ability to work accurately and in accordance with procedures
- Excellent time management, ability to meet deadlines
- Experience of using provider platforms and product provider extranet sites
- Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Certificate in Financial Planning or equivalent
- Experience of the Nucleus platform
- Experience of working for Discretionary Fund Managers
- Previous use of SSP Adviser back office system
- Progression towards Diploma qualification
To provide administrative support to one or more advisers, which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Dealing with day to day client and provider enquiries
- Arranging client meetings for the adviser
- Preparing for client meetings including quote requests, obtaining valuations and appropriate literature
- Preparing and submitting applications and supporting documents to product providers
- Inputting new business proposals to the back office system in line with Company procedures
- Undertaking fund switches upon the instruction of the client
- Maintaining accurate records of all verbal and non-verbal communications with the client
- Typing adviser dictation for file and meeting notes
- Maintaining up to date client fact find information on the back office system
- Maintaining client files in line with Compliance procedures
- Keeping track of fees and chasing where appropriate
Continuous Professional Development
To develop skills and keep up to date with all relevant legislative, product and technical changes as required for the role
Authorities & Limitations
Financial: Not authorised to make binding contracts on behalf of the company
Compliance: Not authorised to give FCA regulated advice.
About Helm Godfrey
At Helm Godfrey, we take a modern approach that prioritises quality, service and simplicity above all else.
We are one of the UK’s largest, independently owned, corporate solutions and wealth management consultancies.
We are passionate about the service we provide and are very proud of the long-term relationships we build with our clients. Taking pride in our independence, we are not tied to any one provider, which allows us to continually assess the market and ensure our clients receive the most competitive terms.
We are based in the heart of the City of London and also have offices in other parts of the country. Helm Godfrey has grown steadily and is now a top 100 UK IFA. Our success has been recognised.
One reason for our success is that our business is wholly owned by the advisers and staff. Helm Godfrey is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Please send your covering letter and CV to Debbie Harcus at email@example.com