Employed Financial Adviser
Independent Financial Adviser (Employed) – Job Description & Key Tasks
Scope & Application
Job description for: Independent Financial Adviser (employed)
Reporting to: Managing Director
Date of Issue: May 2015
- To provide a solutions lead financial advice service to clients
- To promote the Helm Godfrey service and investment proposition
- To offer clients advice from the Whole of Market
- To contribute to the profile and development of the Helm Godfrey brand
- To develop existing and new professional connections
- To provide high quality independent advice to clients, ensuring that financial solutions are identified and where appropriate pursued.
- To conduct regular reviews of the client’s financial circumstances, current provision and future objectives.
- To operate within Helm Godfrey’s service standards and procedures
- To comply with the Company’s Training and Competence Scheme
- To maintain the skills and keep up to date with all relevant legislative, product and technical changes as required for the role.
- Minimum Diploma qualified with a current Statement of Professional Standing certificate
- Ability to proactively manage existing client relationships and develop new relationships
- Proven track record of developing a client bank
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact directly with clients and colleagues in a professional manner
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative
- Ability to critically evaluate information, probe and challenge the facts
- Ability to analysis complex financial data
- Seeks to generate creative solutions to problems
- Excellent questioning skills
- A flexible and adaptable attitude towards work
- Ability to work accurately and in accordance with procedures
- Ability to act as a positive role model for Helm Godfrey
- Must demonstrate an understanding or compliance and risk management issues
- Must meet and comply on an on going basis with the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA’s) Fit and Proper tests for Approved Persons
About Helm Godfrey
Helm Godfrey takes a modern approach that prioritises quality, service and simplicity above all else.
Helm Godfrey are one of the UK’s largest and most successful, independently owned, wealth management and corporate solutions consultancies. Helm Wealth, the wealth management division, and Helm Corporate, the corporate solutions division offers financial advice for high net worth individuals.
Established in 1999, Helm Godfrey has grown quickly and steadily and the Company is committed to forging a new and radically client-focused approach that puts the client back at the centre of the process.
One reason for Helm Godfrey’s success is that the business is wholly owned by the advisers and staff with no one individual holding a large controlling share in the business.
Helm Godfrey is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority